2021 T-Shirt Design by George Hage
We love multi-hyphenates around here. And NC State alum George Hage certainly fits that description. Last spring he performed at NC State LIVE’s drive-in series with his band Jack the Radio, and this year we’ve commissioned him to design a t-shirt specifically for our students. We were looking for something tangible and fun to give to students after such a rough few years – something to welcome them back to NC State LIVE.
George was the ideal artist for the gig. First off, he understands firsthand the mission of NC State LIVE because he’s lived it as a musician. And second, he’s known for his off-beat graphic designs and has produced work for Hopscotch Music Festival, Porch Fly Clothing, Trophy Brewing, the Carolina Hurricanes, and Artsplosure – not to mention the Raleigh sign in Transfer Co. Food Hall. The fact that he’s an NC State alum and already part of the Wolfpack family is icing on the cake.
We’re thrilled with George’s design, a clever reinterpretation of the NC State LIVE logo. It captures the energy of live performance, and the spirit of connectivity that we really want to impart to our students. We’re in this together. Live performance can bring us together to heal, be inspired, and connect to one another in innovative (and fun) ways.
- AUG 20: We’re giving away t-shirts with George’s design to the first 50 students to visit the NC State LIVE table at Rock the Dock on August 20 from 3pm – 7pm as part of Wolfpack Welcome Week. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to listen to live music while kayaking on Lake Raleigh! The line up includes Ashley LaRue Trio, Tiger Beach, and student DJs from the NC State University LibrariesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ DJ Program. For more information check out go.ncsu.edu/dock.
- SEPT 9: We’ll have a FREE t-shirt giveaway to the first 75 students to visit our table at our Season Launch Party with The Hamiltones on September 9 on Stafford commons. Learn more here.
- OCT 16: Be one of the first 15 students to check in with us at our concert with Lakecia Benjamin on October 16 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre, show your tickets, and score a free t-shirt!
- NOV 6: Hear a Grammy and Latin Grammy award winner and get a free t-shirt? Yes, please! The first 15 students to check in at the NC State LIVE table and show us your tickets at our concert with Arturo O’Farrill on November 6 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre will get a free t-shirt.
- DEC 4: Join us for our final event of the fall semester with the boundary-breaking country star Rissi Palmer, December 4 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. The first 15 students to check in at the NC State LIVE table and show us your tickets will get a free t-shirt.
- MAR 5: Spring into action with this high-energy dance performance that mixes club styles (hip hop, house, breaking) with Afro-Brazilian music. Ephrat Asherie Dance, March 5 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. The first 15 students to check in at the NC State LIVE table and show us your tickets will get a free t-shirt.
- APR 28: It’s the final t-shirt giveaway of the semester! Students, come check out the unique gumbo of folk, blues, and gospelÂ from Martha Redbone Roots Project on April 28 at 8pm in Stewart Theatre. The first 15 students to check in at the NC State LIVE table and show us your tickets will get a free t-shirt.