Accessibility at NC State LIVE
NC State LIVE is strongly committed to making both programming and facilities accessible to people of all abilities.
We have served as a leader among Raleigh-area arts organizations in efforts to remove barriers that prevent full participation by all audience members. NC State LIVE helped bring audio description for people with visual impairments to the Triangle. Our director, Sharon Moore, served for several years as a board member of Arts Access, a local organization that works to make the arts accessible to people with disabilities.
As for specific accommodations, NC State LIVE offers the following:
- accessible wheelchair seating in all theatres;
- sign language interpretation of appropriate performances or upon request;
- assistive listening systems in all theatres;
- large print programs upon request;
- recorded program notes upon request;
- audio description of performances when possible;
- on-site wheelchair available to patrons with mobility impairments;
- fully accessible website including captioning of audio and alt tags.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State LIVE will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. Requests can be served more effectively if notice is provided at least 10 days before the event. Direct accommodation requests to Liza Green, associate director at 919-513-7155 or email email@example.com.